GKS-U 2022 is a global Korean scholarship from the Korean government for international undergraduate students. The aim of the global Korea scholarship GKS-U-2022 is to support foreign students and appreciate participating countries. This global Korean scholarship is the biggest and most competitive scholarship in the world. The institute of Korea is equally important as other country’s institute
The Global Korea Scholarship is now started receiving the application for bachelor’s degree programs & associate degree programs. Furthermore, all international students from all over the world can apply for this scholarship program. Finally, the Korean Govt is providing a total of 220 scholarships to students of more the 150 countries. The 2022 GKS Program was previously known as KGSP.
Why you should study in Korea?
Many reasons to study in Korea. But The Main reason is the institute and the education system of Korea. South Korea is on the list of those top countries which are known as the world’s top institutions. Moreover, Korea has Rich Culture, advanced education system. besides, the supporting system of government, high opportunities for careers, and high-quality lifestyle attract students to study in Korea. South Korea is also known as one of those countries that provide scholarships to their International students to pursue their studies easily.
How to Apply?
There are two Ways to Apply For Global Korea Scholarship GKS-U 2022.
1. Embassy Track
In the GKS embassy track, the Govt of Korea will select a total of 125 international students from selected 67 countries. However, These students will be selected from the bachelor’s degree programs.
2. GKS University Track
Another side in GKS university track Govt of Korea will choose 60 international students from 72 countries for undergraduate programs. And 35 students from 17 countries for associate degree programs. Also, Each embassy and university has a different deadline for applying. More detail is explained in the following paragraph.
Global Korea Scholarship GKS-U 2022
- Global Korea Scholarship GKS-U 2022 is hosting by Korea.
- GKS-U-2022 is funding by Korean Government for international students.
Eligible Degree Level:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Associate Degree
Duration of Global Korea Scholarship GKS-U 2022:
- 4-6 years of Bachelor’s Degree Program Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
- 2-3 years of Associate Degree Program Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
No. of KGPS Scholarship:
220 undergraduate Scholarship will be Given by Korean Governments in the following university’s
Global Korea Scholarship Benefits 2022
- Firstly Global Korea Scholarship will cover All tuition fees.
- Free air ticket return.
- Also Settlement Allowance will be provided, 200,000 KRW.
- In the meantime Monthly Allowance will be provided, 900,000 KRW.
- The Global Korea Scholarship will cover the fee of 1-Year Korean Language Training.
- University Admission fees waiver.
- Health Insurance will be provided.
- Also, Korean Proficiency Grants will be provided, 100,000 KRW/month.
- Lastly, Degree Completion Grants will be provided once, 100,000 KRW.
Eligibility Criteria of the GKS-U 2022
- The candidate must belong to the Global Korea Scholarship partner countries.
- The candidate should not Be Korean citizen.
- Moreover, Bachelor’s Degree Program or Associate Degree Program; Also the candidates must have graduated from high or are expected to graduate by February 28, 2022.
- Also Only those students who have associated degree or expected to graduate by Feb 28, 2022, are allowed to apply.
- He/she must be under 25 years of age.
- The candidates must be in good health.
- Candidate Must maintain his GPA in order to eligible further for the scholarship.
How to Apply International Students for Global Korea Scholarship 2022?
Candidate Can apply for GKS-U-2022 in the Following way.
- Embassy track: 67 Embassies of the Republic of Korea.
- University Track: 30 Korean Universities designated by NIIED.
Through Embassy Track, the candidates must apply through the office of the South Korea Embassy in their own countries. The embassy will select the candidate who applies to some university. They nominate you as its GKS candidate and will send the nomination to NIIED, but NIIED will be final the selection.
Through University Track, the candidates will be applied directly to the university. The university nominates you as a 2022 GKS candidate and will send your nomination to NIIED. the NIIED will take the final decision.
Required Documents for GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2022:
- Firstly, Applicant Form of GKS-U-2022 ( Download’s Link is Given Below)
- Secondly, Personal Statement (You can search on YouTube How to write a Personal Statement?)
- Plan of Study
- TWO letters of Recommendation
- GKS Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Report
- Proof of Citizenship of Your Country
- Graduation Certificate
- Transcripts of High school Grade
- Proof of Overseas Korean
- Awards and other certificates (Optional)
- Also, the Proof of Korean Citizenship Renunciation Document
- Certificate of valid TOPIK score (Optional)
- Proof of Age
- Also, Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test (Optional)
- Applicant’s Passport Copy (Optional)
- Lastly the Proof of Korean War Veteran’s Descendant (ONLY for descendants of Korean War Veterans)
Deadline of Application:
- For Embassy track criteria, Korean embassy of every country will update the candidates of that country. moreover, all have a different application deadline.
- For University track criteria, eligible universities will update the candidates about Deadline of GKS Application.
Also read: HEC NEED BASE Scholarship Pakistan.