Getting a fully funded scholarship sometimes feels like an unreal ordeal especially because there are so many fake guides out there. We, I used to believe the same too but I changed of mind after someone close to me got a fully funded scholarship to study in the U.S. last year.
My younger brother, who always had a passion for learning and exploring new cultures, recently received a fully funded international scholarship. He was over the moon with excitement and couldn’t believe his hard work and dedication had paid off.
The news of my brother’s scholarship was a huge motivation for me. Seeing him pursue his dreams on a global scale made me realize the importance of education and the doors it can open.
I was inspired to share my brother’s story and the process he went through to secure the scholarship, in hopes of helping others. That’s why I decided to write this blog post to spread the word and provide information on how to get fully funded scholarships for international students. I want to help others who are passionate about learning and exploring new cultures, just like my brother, to have the opportunity to make their dreams a reality.
Myths Around a Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students
Here are some common myths about fully funded scholarships for international students:
- Only top students are eligible: This is not always true, as there are scholarships available for students with varying academic abilities, as well as those with unique backgrounds, interests, and achievements.
- The application process is too competitive: While competition can be intense, it is important to remember that scholarships are not just awarded based on grades, but also on other factors such as leadership potential, community involvement, and personal achievements.
- You must be a straight-A student: While having strong grades is an advantage, many scholarship programs also consider other factors such as extracurricular activities, community service, and leadership experience.
- Scholarships are only for underprivileged students: Many scholarships are indeed designed to help underprivileged students, but there are also scholarships for students from diverse backgrounds and with diverse interests.
- The scholarship covers everything: While a fully funded scholarship covers tuition, it may not cover other expenses such as travel, accommodation, or living expenses. It is important to carefully review the scholarship terms and conditions to understand exactly what is covered.
These are some of the common myths about fully funded scholarships for international students. It is important to research and understands the eligibility criteria, application process, and terms and conditions of each scholarship before applying.
How to Get a Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students
The truth is, there is no one plus one equals two process to apply for a scholarship and get instant approval. This is because each scholarship has its own criteria, and process of application to get lucky.
However, there are some rules of thumb that apply to all scholarships which would give any applicant an edge when applying. When these rules are adhered to they will improve improve your chances of being part of the lucky winners of the scholarship program.
- Identify and make research about organizations or bodies offering scholarships. Below are some top organizations offering scholarships for international students.-
- Rotary International: Offers scholarships for students pursuing graduate studies in various fields such as peace and conflict resolution, clean water and sanitation, disease prevention and treatment, etc.
- The Fulbright Program: Offers scholarships for graduate students to study in the United States. The scholarship covers tuition fees, airfare, and living expenses.
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service): Offers scholarships for German and international students to study in Germany. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses.
- British Council: Offers scholarships for international students to study in the UK. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses.
- The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Scholarship: Offers scholarships for students to study in one of the 21 member economies of the APEC. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses.
- The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan: Offers scholarships for students from Commonwealth countries to study in other Commonwealth countries. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses.
2. All the above-mentioned organizations are offering scholarships to students every single year but their requirements are slightly different from each other depending on the nature of the scholarship. I will not be able to mention the list and explain each of the requirements and application procedure in this article but here is a little overview of the general criteria (GPA, Test scores, Class standing, Major, Course load, Previous academic awards, Letters of recommendation).
3. If you have checked and made sure you meet all the general academic requirements the next is to proceed with filling out and submitting your application for review. This process can be done either online or physically depending on how the organization wants it done, some provide both online and offline submission.
4. After submitting your application, don’t sleep on it, you need to follow up, now this part can be a little bit tricky. This is because you might not have direct access to the organization or body offering the scholarship let alone know how to follow up. However, you can still do it, one good way is to keep checking your email for updates and online communities regarding scholarships, maybe Facebook and even News outlets for updates.
Every single piece of advice and tips I have shared so far are those I have observed during my brother’s application process down to the approval time. If only you can replicate this process, and add extra effort, you will definitely get a scholarship before the end of this year’s session.
4 Untold Truths About Scholarship Generally
The biggest misconception about fully funded scholarships for international students is that they are only for the most exceptional students with perfect grades and test scores. While having strong academics is an advantage, many scholarships also consider other factors such as leadership potential, community involvement, and personal achievements.
It is important for students to understand that scholarships are not just awarded based on grades, and to research and apply for scholarships that align with their unique backgrounds, interests, and goals. Here are some untold truths about fully funded scholarships for international students:
- Scholarship funds are limited: While fully funded scholarships provide financial support for tuition and other expenses, the funds are limited, and scholarships are not always available for every student.
- The application process can be time-consuming: Applying for scholarships can be a time-consuming process, requiring students to research, write essays, gather transcripts, and provide recommendations. It is important for students to start the process early and to be prepared to invest the time and effort required to apply.
- Scholarship funds are taxable: Scholarship funds are normally tax-free, however, in some cases, scholarship funds may be subject to taxes, and students should be aware of the tax implications of accepting a scholarship.
- Scholarships are not always renewable: While some scholarships are renewable, many are only awarded for a single year or a specific time period. Students should understand the terms and conditions of each scholarship and plan accordingly.
These are some of the untold truths about fully funded scholarships for international students. It is important to research and understands the eligibility criteria, application process, and terms and conditions of each scholarship before applying.
Countries to Easily Get Fully Funded Scholarships
From my research, some countries that are known to offer numerous scholarships to international students include:
Germany: In my opinion, Germany is a great option for those looking for a fully funded scholarship. The country is renowned for its academic excellence and offers a large number of scholarships to international students. Additionally, living costs in Germany are relatively low, making it a cost-effective option for students.
Norway: From my perspective, Norway is another excellent choice for those seeking a fully funded scholarship. The Norwegian government provides a significant amount of funding for international students, and tuition is free for many programs. This, combined with the country’s high standard of living, makes it a desirable destination for students.
Sweden: In my view, Sweden is similar to Norway in that it offers free tuition and a high standard of living. The country is known for its strong commitment to education, and the Swedish government provides funding for international students to study there.
It is important to note that while these countries are known to offer a high number of scholarships, the availability and competitiveness of scholarships vary depending on the specific program and field of study. It’s always a good idea to research and carefully review the requirements and application process for any scholarship opportunities.
In conclusion, fully funded scholarships for international students offer a valuable opportunity for students to pursue their education abroad and to gain new experiences and perspectives. However, it is important for students to be aware of the realities of the scholarship process, such as the limited availability of funds, the time-consuming application process, and the responsibilities that come with accepting a scholarship.
By researching and understanding the eligibility criteria, application process, and terms and conditions of each scholarship, students can make informed decisions about the scholarships that are right for them and increase their chances of success. If you have questions or need more clarification please feel free to let us know through the comments section or better still even contact us.